Plant Empire Garden Art Exhibition 7-13 October 2023
Plant Empire will host its third annual Garden Art Exhibition from 7–13 October 2023 and invites entries for artworks that are destined for, or depict, the garden world.
The deadline for entries is 10 September 2023.
Works may be any size or medium and should engage with the theme for this year's exhibition, "dream garden". Entries that are accepted in the exhibition will be displayed and available for sale at Plant Empire’s premises in Yeerongpilly (indoors or outdoors, as appropriate) and/or online.
Prize money of $3,000 will be awarded to the best entry (or entries). A judging panel selected by Plant Empire’s owner and manager and comprising two experts from fields of art and gardening, and one Plant Empire customer will decide on the winning entry (or entries). The judges’ decision/s will be final.
Entries are invited for works to be displayed and sold in this exhibition. Works may be any size or medium, including live plants, and should engage with the theme for this year's exhibition, "dream garden".
Entries for this exhibition must be submitted online using the 2-step process below. Please refer to the terms and conditions listed below before entering your work/s.
STEP 1: Pay the entry fee/s online using this link: https://plantempire.com.au/products/pegae23. After your payment has been received, you will receive an order confirmation by email (or sms if you didn't include your email address with your payment): take a note of this order number to include with your entry in step 2.
STEP 2: Submit an entry using the online submission form: https://plantempire.com.au/pages/pegae23-entry-submission-form. Submit a separate entry for each work you are entering for consideration in the exhibition. You will receive an email confirmation with your entry details following submission.
The deadline for entries is 10 September 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- The instructions contained elsewhere on this page and as part of the online entry submission form form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entries attract a non-refundable $25 entry fee, which is payable at the time of entry.
- Applications must be received by email by the deadline. Outcomes will be notified by email by 22 September 2023 (please check your junk folder if you haven't received a response by this date).
- Entries will be available for sale at a price nominated by its creator, and 30% of the amount received for sold items will be retained by Plant Empire as commission.
- Artists located outside Brisbane are encouraged to apply. Entries that aren’t able to be displayed at Plant Empire’s premises will be displayed online.
- Plant Empire will handle sales of works during the exhibition.
- Exhibitors are invited to help with installing the exhibition and/or staffing the exhibition to provide opportunities to interact with customers as part of a shared exhibitor roster over the course of the exhibition.
- Applicants will be responsible for installing their artwork, maintaining it for the course of the exhibition (if maintenance is required), and removing it afterwards if it remains unsold.
- Plant Empire will not be responsible for any breakages or losses during the exhibition. Applicants displaying works involving sculptures or installations will be required to hold public liability insurance.
- Responses to frequently asked questions which may be added from time to time on this webpage form part of the exhibition terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is it possible to submit more than one application for the exhibition?
- Q: If I submit more than one application, will I need to pay an entry fee for each one?
A: Yes, each application will attract the entry fee.
- Q: Are fees payable for all entries, or just successful entries?
A: The entry fee are payable for all entries at the time of submission.
- Q: Will I receive a refund if my entry is not successful?
- Q: If I submit a series of works, can I pay one application fee but still price them separately?
A: You can enter a series as one work and price it as one work; but if you want them priced separately, each work will attract an entry fee.
- Q: If I submit more than one entry, can I submit them together?
A: No, each entry should be submitted separately using the submission form.
- Q: If I submit more than one application, do I need to submit them all at the same time?
A: No, applications can be submitted at any time up until the deadline.
- Q: Can the work to be considered for the upcoming exhibition be prints of original artwork?
A: Works included in the exhibition are to be unique originals, as appropriate for the medium.
- Q: Are there any size restrictions?
A: No, works can be any size, big or small.
- Q: What type of insurance do you expect?
A: Applicants displaying sculptures or installations will be required to hold public liability insurance. We won’t be held responsible for breakages or losses during the exhibition, but it isn’t a requirement for you to hold insurance if you are displaying other low-risk artworks such as paintings.
- Q: Can I add entries after the deadline?
- Q: Can I withdraw entries after the deadline, and is the entry fee refundable if so?
A: Yes, you can withdraw entries after the deadline; but the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Q: Do all artworks have to be suitable for outdoors?
A: No, artworks can be suitable for outdoors or indoors.
- Q: Can we enter collaborative works with more than one artist?
A: Yes, but you'll need to nominate one artist as the main contact to receive correspondence and payments, which we will assume is the email address used on the entry.
Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding this exhibition or the submission process.